Enjoy some family time at the Wellfield Botanic Gardens, 1011 North Main Street in Elkhart. We will meet in the English Cottage Garden on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, May through September, from 6:00-6:30 p.m. (In case of rain we will meet in the tented area.) A staff member from Elkhart Public Library will share stories and songs and lots of fun. Tuesdays are free at the Wellfield, so you will not have to pay to get in. Bring the whole family and a blanket to sit on. If it rains, the Wellfield will have a tent for shelter.
Stories in the Garden 2016
6:00 p.m. (rain or shine):
Exciting news! Brainfuse is now available in our Online Resources!
Brainfuse HelpNow gives Elkhart Public Library (EPL) cardholders free access to live online tutoring, writing assistance, test preparation and more!
- Interact with a live tutor 2 pm to 11 pm, seven days a week for assistance with
- Social Studies
- English/Language Arts
- Computer Literacy
- Test Preparation
- English As a Second Language
- 24/7 Question Center – submit a question for a detailed, explanation of a difficult concept
- Premium Writing Lab – writing assistance
- Form online study groups
- FLASHBULB – access a library of online flashcards or create your own
- Adult Learning Center
- Practice tests & preparation for High School Equivalency (TASC), SAT, TOEFL, COMPASS/ACCUPLACER, ASVAB, GRE, U.S. Citizenship and more
- Online quizzes & games
- Access free lessons & resources
- WRITING ASSISTANCE for better business letters, term papers, resumes, etc.
Use your Elkhart Public Library card to access Brainfuse from home or anywhere that has an Internet connection — or from any EPL location without a card.
To access Brainfuse:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Click >> Kids and Teens OR >> Online Learning Courses
- Click Access from Home.
- Enter your Library card number near the bottom of the page.
- If accessing from any EPL location, no card is required.
- Setting up an account is quick and easy – just create a username and password and you’re ready to start learning!
To learn more about Brainfuse tutors, system requirements and technical support, view the HelpNow User’s Guide.
Brainfuse is a student initiated service and should not be used as a school or class-wide assignment.
Online preschool has never been more fun!
Prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond with Miss Humblebee’s Academy! This interactive program concentrates on language and literacy and also provides fun activities for math, science, social studies, music, art, inventors, and more! Though it is designed for 3 to 6-year-olds, Miss Humblebee’s Academy can also be helpful for children already in kindergarten who may be struggling a bit.
Kids will love the sticker room and puzzle area, and parents will appreciate using the music and books rooms to revisit the songs and stories from the lessons. We sense some new favorite songs and stories in your future! You can even print some of the lessons for offline use in the car, on vacation, or anywhere else.
Accessible from home or anywhere with an Internet connection,
Miss Humblebee’s Academy:
- Prepares children for kindergarten proficiency.
- Includes hundreds of guided lessons with sound cues.
- Assesses skill levels and reports outcomes regularly.
- Emails parents links to weekly progress reports.
With a combination of online and offline learning opportunities, kids can play and learn anywhere!
- Access with your Elkhart Public Library card – or from any EPL location without a card.
- Mobile apps are available for Android and iPhone/iPad.
- 20% of the curriculum has printables and worksheets, giving children practice using writing tools.
- Offers a safe and secure learning environment with no pop-ups, ads or links to other websites.
To Access Miss Humblebee’s Academy:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Click or tap + Online Learning Courses, then Miss Humblebee’s Academy.
- Click or tap Access from Home.
- You will first be taken to a page that asks you to enter a password. This is your library card barcode number. (If accessing from the Library, you will be taken directly to the home page.)
- After entering your card number, click Proceed to go to Miss Humblebee’s home page.
- Create a user account, including an email address where you will receive progress reports. View step-by-step instructions here.
Additional information about Miss Humblebee’s Academy’s key features can be found in the footer navigation under Learn More, FAQ, and About.
Elkhart Public Library has a computer for kids just like you!
The Literacy Computer is for kids ages 2-8. It has a touchscreen, a mouse, a color-coded keyboard, and more than 60 games that kids will love. You don’t even need a library card to get on.
You can play Diego’s Safari Rescue, JumpStart Learning, Kid Pix 3D, Sesame Street, and many other games with your favorite characters. All the games on the computer help with skills like math, reading, and science and you’ll have lots of fun too. Come to the library to try it out today. Just stop at the Children’s Desk to ask for the day’s password.
This project is supported by the Institute of Museums and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Indiana State Library.